Sunday, March 8, 2009

With the time change means one thing....the season is here!


No doubt what Im going to do tonight as I went to a local carniceria and picked up some chicken, some asada, and some chorizo. Well also be roasting some of the big mexican style green onions as well as doing a BBQ wok with Red Peppers, Zucchini, and Asparagus.

Some tips Id like to pass along and it may be common BBQ 101 but for newbies are just to spark some debate.

I use Propane as I bbq so frequently the cost of briquettes would be big time. Its without question the flavor that briquettes offer trump propane but for convenience Propane is great. I actually own two propane tanks because most places that fill propane have a 15 dollar minimum and filling two tanks comes to roughly 20-25 bucks. Not to mention nothing worse then running out of propane in the middle of a BBQ. One other nice feature of propane is once you get to know your bbq you will remember the perfect temperature settings for Steaks and Chicken and what not. I may or may not take pics but its a long summer.

For my friends reading this who are in So Cal-Want to come over for a weekend BBQ? Shoot me an email or comment and we will set something up for sure.

No comments: